Quality Assurance Field Technician
Join our Quality Assurance Team and help us release the full potential of flat roofs.
Position: Permanent, full-time
Hours of work: 37.5 hours / week
Place of work: Field based role looking after our sites in the midlands/northern region
Travel: Site visits in northern and midlands territory; attendance at Axter’s office in Ipswich and third-party training centres when required
Probation period: Six months
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Benefits package includes: Private health insurance, cycle to work scheme, mental health & wellbeing sessions, paid leave for birthdays and charity work, life assurance, training and development
We are a team of creative, dedicated and ambitious professionals all working towards a collective vision: to improve the roofscape and transform the world above our heads. We are inspired by the extraordinary and always seek out more sustainable and innovative ways to waterproof better, making flat roofs that benefit our climate and communities.
We are driven by our passion for technical detail and design, offering a comprehensive service package and a system portfolio renowned for its quality.
We are a vibrant team who enjoy what we do. Our values: service, collaboration, respect and integrity are embedded into our approach, and we are committed to delivering excellence every time. We are also a fun and friendly team who enjoy a challenge. Does this sound like somewhere you'd like to work? Then we'd love to hear from you.
The Field Technician is responsible for monitoring, reporting on and advising on best practice for the on-site installation of all Axter waterproofing systems for the assigned region. The Field Technician should have a minimum 3-5 years’ experience installing flat roof waterproofing systems including: RBM, Single Ply, Liquids, Hot Melt, Green Roof, Blue Roofs.
This role will also provide support in system knowledge to Axter’s technical and internal office teams. Along with support to Axter’s network of Axtershield Installers (AI) and Axter Accredited Installers (AAI) accredited contractors and extended customer base including, but not limited to surveyors, architects and main contractors.
The Field Technician reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager and QA Operations Manager and works closely with the other colleagues in the QA team, the technical sales team, and the wider company.
The Field Technician will communicate with and offer system installation guidance to Axter’s approved AI and AAI network of contractors and their operatives, and clients and other stakeholders, to ensure that Axter’s waterproofing systems and components are being installed on projects in full compliance with the Axter specification provided and with the relevant current British Standards and industry guidance.
The role will involve communication and collaboration with the Axter area Technical Sales Managers, within their designated territories, supporting their projects with regular site inspections and assisting them with surveys and core sampling.
- Produce timely and detailed site inspection reports to ensure the project is progressing smoothly and meets relevant requirements, standards and regulations.
- Produce timely and detailed defect inspection reports to enable hazards and areas which pose a risk to be eliminated quickly, to enable progression of the project to get back on track as quickly as possible.
- Manage and update projects on the companies CRM system to allow visibility to key stakeholders into project progression.
- Attend prestart and progress meetings on all projects contributing ideas and insight to optimise project delivery, ensuring the quality assurance function is taken into consideration along with any industry regulations.
- Help with staff training on the installation of existing and any new product ranges to ensure processes are carried out consistently across the company.
- Communicate with and arrange to meet contractors for joint site inspections.
- Manage own diary and spreadsheets, to ensure delivery of work is carried out efficiently.
- Manage email correspondence in a timely manner delivering exceptional service internally and externally.
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organisation.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings to meet their requirements and expectations.
- Build positive relationships with customers to optimise customer satisfaction and Company reputation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum 3-5 years’ experience installing various roofing systems including, RBM, Single Ply, Liquids, Hot Melt, Green Roofs systems.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- A full clean driving license.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who is motivated and can bring their vibrant personality to the job. If you think you’d be a good fit please complete the form below and send us your CV and a covering note stating why you'd like to work for Axter.
Take a look at our Careers page to learn about the industry leading package we offer.
If you think you'd be a good fit for this role please complete the form below and send us your CV and a covering note stating why you'd like to work for Axter.
We welcome job applications from all sections of the community and the criteria for selection are based solely upon the candidate’s ability to perform the tasks required. We appreciate the value that a diverse mix of skills, characteristics, ideas, experiences and backgrounds brings to our company, our work today and our vision for the future.
Personal data collected during the recruitment process will only be used in accordance with our data protection policy for the purpose of processing the application or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements where necessary. A copy of our Applicant Privacy Notice will be provided.
Thank you for your interest in Axter! Your application for 'Quality Assurance Field Technician (Northern or Midlands Region)' has been submitted. We will review your application and be in touch soon. Thank you.