Supply Chain Manager
Join our Procurement Team and help us release the full potential of flat roofs.
Position: Permanent, full-time
Hours of work: 37.5 hours / week
Place of work: Ipswich office based (with option for hybrid working)
Probation period: Six months
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Benefits package includes: Private health insurance, cycle to work scheme, mental health & wellbeing sessions, paid leave for birthdays and charity work, life assurance, training and development
We are a team of creative, dedicated and ambitious professionals all working towards a collective vision: to improve the roofscape and transform the world above our heads. We are inspired by the extraordinary and always seek out more sustainable and innovative ways to waterproof better, making flat roofs that benefit our climate and communities.
We are driven by our passion for technical detail and design, offering a comprehensive service package and a system portfolio renowned for its quality.
We are a vibrant team who enjoy what we do. Our values: service, collaboration, respect and integrity are embedded into our approach, and we are committed to delivering excellence every time. We are also a fun and friendly team who enjoy a challenge. Does this sound like somewhere you'd like to work? Then we'd love to hear from you.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the strategic overview of Axter’s supply chain and plays a pivotal role in overseeing the end-to-end process of goods and services flow within the company; responsibilities encompass strategic planning, sustainability compliance, building relationships with supply partners and managing service level agreements, supplier risk management, and inventory control to ensure a smooth and efficient supply chain operation.
- Collaborate in the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of Supply Chain for the company, ensuring value for money without compromising on quality or safety and enabling projects and processes to proceed efficiently and successfully.
- Take the lead in aligning the Supply Chain strategy to the vision, mission and business strategy, ensuring that the Company has the goods and services in place to achieve goals effectively.
- Manage Supply Chain compliance and collation of key supplier data through an integrated online portal.
- Work with the procurement department to maintain close working relations with parent company manufacturing plant, Group production facilities and UK warehousing base.
- Represent the company at Group meetings concerning Supply Chain matters.
- Support the procurement department with regular close monitoring of supplier prices and implementation and communication of price increases, ensuring that Company’s projects are still within budgets.
- Improve working capital through optimisation of stock levels, storage strategies and supplier terms.
- Ensure KPI data is distributed in a timely manner to deliver awareness of performance, drive improvements and professionally manage business performance.
- Work with the procurement department to analyse purchasing trends and other data and ensure best business processes are attained and documented.
- Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation to provide guidance to the wider Company to support the achievement of objectives and protection of business assets to enable consistent financial stability and sustainability.
- Establish and maintain ethical, sustainable supply and procurement protocols.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A firm grasp of Axter’s mission, vision and strategy and how to align the work of the Supply Chain team to fulfil these objectives
- A Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification (level 4 and above) is highly desirable. If you do not possess this, then you will be keen to undergo CIPS training with full support.
- A good background knowledge of the flat roofing industry, or construction industry and markets.
- Commercial awareness to spot new supply opportunities.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Negotiation experience, an ability to use persuasion and assess leverage.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communicator, with the ability to foster strong supplier relationships.
- Excellent financial and numerical skills for the management of costs.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who is motivated and can bring their vibrant personality to the job. If you think you’d be a good fit please complete the form below and send us your CV and a covering note stating why you'd like to work for Axter.
Take a look at our Careers page to learn about the industry leading package we offer.
If you think you'd be a good fit for this role please complete the form below and send us your CV and a covering note stating why you'd like to work for Axter.
We welcome job applications from all sections of the community and the criteria for selection are based solely upon the candidate’s ability to perform the tasks required. We appreciate the value that a diverse mix of skills, characteristics, ideas, experiences and backgrounds brings to our company, our work today and our vision for the future.
Personal data collected during the recruitment process will only be used in accordance with our data protection policy for the purpose of processing the application or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements where necessary. A copy of our Applicant Privacy Notice will be provided.
Thank you for your interest in Axter! Your application for 'Supply Chain Manager' has been submitted. We will review your application and be in touch soon. Thank you.