Technical Sales Support
Join our Technical Sales Support Team and help us release the full potential of flat roofs.
Position: Permanent, full-time
Hours of work: 37.5 hours / week
Place of work: Ipswich office based (with option for hybrid working)
Probation period: 6 months
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience
Benefits package includes: Private health insurance, cycle to work scheme, mental health & wellbeing sessions, paid leave for birthdays and charity work, life assurance, training and development
We are a team of creative, dedicated and ambitious professionals all working towards a collective vision: to improve the roofscape and transform the world above our heads. We are inspired by the extraordinary and always seek out more sustainable and innovative ways to waterproof better, making flat roofs that benefit our climate and communities.
We are driven by our passion for technical detail and design, offering a comprehensive service package and a system portfolio renowned for its quality.
We are a vibrant team who enjoy what we do. Our values: service, collaboration, respect and integrity are embedded into our approach, and we are committed to delivering excellence every time. We are also a fun and friendly team who enjoy a challenge. Does this sound like somewhere you'd like to work? Then we'd love to hear from you.
The technical sales support team works with Axter’s technical sales managers who provide our clients with a full technical and design service throughout the project cycle. The technical sales team is proactive and professional in its delivery of streamlined and high-quality customer support, a key focus of Axter’s strategy and success.
The Technical Sales Support role is fast-paced and focused on assisting technical sales managers at each stage of a project cycle, from initial design proposals, specifications and quotations through to delivery of completed projects and guarantees. In this position each Technical Sales Support works closely with other TSS colleagues to:
- Deliver professional administrative and technical support to five or six technical sales managers. This includes communicating regularly with this group of colleagues, via email, by phone or in video calls. Also issuing to customers and clients correspondence, reports, technical specifications and design documents, quotations, guarantees and other information packages.
- Work with technical sales managers and clients to provide NBS Chorus flat roof waterproofing specifications on that platform.
- Communicate with clients verbally and in writing, providing relevant and timely information to achieve great customer service which will help to build trust and contribute to a positive brand reputation.
- Respond swiftly to telephone and email enquiries, providing pertinent information, ensuring the customer receives a high-quality service to optimise our brand and reputation.
- Maintain accurate CRM database records to store customer information and run data reports to analyse and evaluate business performance and drive informed decision making.
- Manage document protocols to ensure version controls are upheld and ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Create, audit, maintain and document workflows and processes to improve quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate with and understand the roles of other colleagues across all teams to improve knowledge sharing, innovation, better communication and increased success.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Proven good level of computer literacy with Microsoft 365 and CRM systems (training will be given on Axter’s bespoke CRM platform).
- Previous experience in an administrative / business support role.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
- Effective, friendly communicator.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Willingness to look for solutions and to streamline processes.
- Ability to work independently and with team members.
- Motivated to learn and expand knowledge, both in the workplace and independently.
- Enthusiastic to embrace Axter core values and to help achieve our purpose, vision and mission.
- A knowledge of our industry and previous relevant experience within the UK construction product sector.
- Understanding of the NBS Chorus specification platform.
- Familiarity with administering Teams meetings and subsequent actions.
A training programme is provided and a learning and development framework is available to support progression.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who is motivated and can bring their vibrant personality to the job. If you think you’d be a good fit please complete the form below and send us your CV and a covering note stating why you'd like to work for Axter.
Take a look at our Careers page to learn about the industry leading package we offer.
We welcome job applications from all sections of the community and the criteria for selection are based solely upon the candidate’s ability to perform the tasks required. We appreciate the value that a diverse mix of skills, characteristics, ideas, experiences and backgrounds brings to our company, our work today and our vision for the future.
Personal data collected during the recruitment process will only be used in accordance with our data protection policy for the purpose of processing the application or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements where necessary. A copy of our Applicant Privacy Notice will be provided.
Thank you for your interest in Axter! Your application for 'Technical Sales Support' has been submitted. We will review your application and be in touch soon. Thank you.